Shatter your Weight Loss Plateau-Part 2
We have over 1,000 species of bugs in our gut, and bacteria cells out number our own cells 10 times over. That’s a lot of hitchhikers!
We call this the micro biome – it’s the place where all these beneficial bacteria live and work within us to maintain a healthy gut.
From both an animal and human models, we know that the bacteria in our gut can have profound effects on weight and metabolism, through many types of mechanisms. Some bacteria extract more energy from food, leading to weight gain, while other bacteria will extract less energy from your food, leading to weight loss. Studies have shown that taking the gut bacteria from a thin mouse and putting it into a fat mouse can cause the fat mouse to lose dramatic amounts of weight without changing its diet.
Some bacteria trigger inflammation leading to a leaky gut, while others are anti-inflammatory. Inflammation triggers insulin resistance and diabetes, independent of your caloric intake. So, clearly, it’s important to heal your gut if it is damaged by imbalances.
Here are some things you can do on your own to cultivate a healthy micro biome.
Eat whole, unprocessed, unrefined foods.
- Cutting out the added sugar and artificial sweeteners
- 75 percent of your plate should be vegetables and plant-based foods. Your gut bugs really love these high-fiber plant foods.
- Eat good fats and get an oil change. Use Kerry irish Gold Grass Fed Butter in your coffee with brain octane oil. Use 1-2 Tbsp. of Extra Virgin Olive Oil as a condiment on 1 meal every day. Cook with 1-2 Tbsp of coconut oil for 1 different meal every day.
- Add fermented foods. Sauerkraut, kimchi, tempeh, and miso contain good amounts of probiotics so your healthy gut bugs can be fruitful and multiply.
- Feed the good bacteria bugs with 2 Tbsp of Bob's red mill potato flour and 4-6 oz. of water just before bed at night.
If you find this information valuable and would like to support us in our efforts to share with you the most current knowledge and research to help you improve your health, there now is a way for you to do so. Simply click the button below. Your very kind donation is much appreciated.